I attended the December 6, 2022 Camden County Commission meeting at 10:00 a.m.
Commissioners Gohagan and Hasty were present.
The meeting was held in the Commission Office conference room. There were about eight people present besides the Camden County employees who normally attend.
The first agenda item was Sheriff Dispatch Contracts.
The contracts presented by Sheriff Helms were:
- FF14/FF17 Fire Association Dispatch Contract
- Mutual Assistance agreement between City of Richland and Camden County
- Camdenton City Dispatch Contract
- Northwest Fire Protection District Dispatch Contract
- Sunrise Beach City Dispatch Contract. This was a new contract. Sunrise Beach previously dispatched through Morgan County. This is a positive change that should provide for better coordination between Sunrise Beach PD and the Camden County Sheriff’s Office. There had previously been an issue regarding the cost of Camden County’s dispatch services, but it appears they came to an agreement on this matter.
- Linn Creek Dispatch Contract
All of these contracts were for one year. They were all approved unanimously by the Commission.
The second agenda item was a Request for Tax Surplus. It was approved unanimously for $7,590.06.
The Commission then went into closed session pursuant to Subsection #1 (Legal Matters).
And that was that.